Senior Production Accountant
Emmy Award-winning, nationally recognized animation studio seeking an experienced Senior Production Accountant!
We are an Atlanta, Georgia based studio producing exciting content for Netflix, Hulu, Marvel & FX. We are currently experiencing extraordinary growth and are looking for the right individual to lead and innovate our accounting department and function.
The Senior Production Accountant will act as a key strategic partner working to create executable production plans and show budgets. Responsible for managing all aspects of the production accounting functions for multiple projects, and for ensuring compliance with financial internal control policies. In charge of estimating final costs, evaluating risks and opportunities, and optimizing production structure to best monetize production incentives and minimize financial and legal risk.
- Work closely with Producers, Production Staff, and Management Teams to hone production budgets for new & existing television content
- Work closely with the Supervising Producer to track expenses and anticipate issues within production pipelines for multiple projects simultaneously
- Provide accurate, detailed and timely cost reports, cash flows, and headcount forecasts for internal analysis and required client reporting
- Provide and present clear, accurate, and timely production planning scenarios and analysis to Producers and Management Teams during the life cycle of a project.
- Adapt to changing scenarios, anticipate problems and recommend solutions to Producers.
- Collaborate with Management to identify & solve budgeting and staffing issues as they affect production costs
- Work with the in-house production teams and third-party payroll entities to smoothly process Union and voice talent payroll
- Comply with all policies and procedures for setting up, establishing and processing vendor invoices and checks, including setting up purchase orders when necessary.
- Ensure all necessary documentation & communication is completed to successfully obtain production tax incentives.
- Direct Assistant Production Accountant on all aspects of their job to ensure compliance, accuracy and timely processing of all payments.
- Assist with the preparation and completion of company payroll and employee time card approvals
- Responsible for regular bank and account reconciliations
- Play a vital role in the evolution of our accounting systems and processes as we continue to grow as a company
- 1st Assistant Production Accounting experience.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Business.
- Familiarity with Greenslate Accounting/Payroll Software preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- 3+ years of relevant TV & Film accounting. Proficiency with the animation production process preferred
- Ability to self-manage and multitask while maintaining appropriate and respectful communication with the production management team
- Proficient in establishing, maintaining and communicating effective financial internal controls
- Must be comfortable working in a deadline-driven atmosphere and have the ability to handle high-pressure situations
- Must be committed to extreme confidentiality and discretion as this position will have direct access to the private individual and company financial information
- Must be excited about the evolution of the company and be flexible to the changes the company is in the process of making
Salary & Amenities
Our company believes in maintaining an environment where employees feel appreciated and that they have been set up to succeed. We strive to maintain amenities and pay rates that help us accomplish this.
- Annual salary for this position is $90,000
- Relocation compensation available
- Extremely competitive Wellness and Health Benefits
- Company-sponsored childcare
- Close proximity to the Atlanta downtown/midtown core and public transportation
- Fun, creative and social atmosphere!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
For employee safety, we are currently working remotely. However, our studio is also set up meeting CDC guidelines for the few who prefer to work in the studio. This position is required to report to the studio for the first 90 days (private office)
- Production Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place