The #1 Job Site Created By and For People Working In Film & TV Production
New Jobs Posted Hourly 24 Hours a Day
Tuesday, January 19th, 2021
As Development Intern you will be assisting the development team at a busy drama company with all aspects of the development process. From managing submissions and materials from book scouts and compiling project-specific research, to reading and reporting on books and scripts and completing rights checks you will be learning about the process of bringing projects from initial idea to greenlight. You will provide valuable support with the day to day admin of the team including the updating of databases, managing development-related purchases, and creating and distributing weekly alerts and memos, as well as providing cover for the Development Assistant when they are away, and occasional front-of houses duties if required.
1. A passion for Broadcasting and Media (particularly an interest in film/TV drama) with a desire to develop a career in Development
2. Attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and ability to effectively prioritise
3. Ability to work with confidential materials discreetly and responsibly
4. Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong interpersonal skills;
5. Strong IT skills; a confident user of Microsoft Office
What will I learn from this opportunity?
Read and make timely assessments of material and hone editorial judgement
Work to specific brief from writer or development staff to collate research to support project development
Extend understanding of how a project evolves from initial idea to a script to pitch to broadcasters