We are seeking qualified candidates for a Development Coordinator, Television Academy Foundation position.
Reporting to the Chief Development Office, the Development Coordinator coordinates the cultivation and solicitation efforts for event-driven annual sponsorships and other support from corporate and industry partners, the execution of a year-round auction program, and other key initiatives as assigned. This role also provides essential administrative support to Chief Development Officer and works with Development team members to support the ongoing efficiencies of all development efforts and advance the philanthropic investments of corporate prospects and donors in Foundation programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide high-level administrative support to the Chief Development Officer, including scheduling meetings, preparing sponsorship decks and assets, producing reports, conducting research, drafting correspondence and more.
- Support year-round strategies to solicit corporate contributions and sponsorships for the Foundation, including but not limited to educational and archival programs, professional conferences and seminars, and annual events including the Golf Tournament and College Television Awards.
- Coordinate all aspects of a year-round auction program, online and/or at events, which generates revenue, creates public excitement for the Foundation, and advances relationships with key partners.
- Act as fulfillment liaison with sponsors for all events as assigned by supervisor; support relationships by managing regular communications throughout the year; ensure fulfillment, reporting, and gift tracking for all sponsors.
- Conduct prospect identification and research for corporate and industry partners and prepare briefing materials for staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate stewardship of corporate sponsors through multiple gift vehicles, including event-based sponsorships, restricted giving, and endowment/capital funds.
- Support key fundraising initiatives to ensure community engagement and revenue development through both sales and sponsorships, and support production as necessary.
- Collaborate with other departments, including Event Production, Marketing, Design, and Finance on sponsor and event needs.
- Use Raiser’s Next database to manage full gift and/or sales cycle for all assigned prospects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum 3 years of experience with administrative support and corporate fundraising. Entertainment industry and specific knowledge about television preferred
- Highly self-motivated and directed; detail oriented; ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment, while meeting deadlines and multi-tasking; outstanding organization and time management skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of “customer service” and response. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including editorial; copywriting; interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated ability to interact well throughout organization
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Active listening skills and ability to follow directions (hear, process and understand)
- Demonstrates maturity, tact and diplomacy; flexible and adaptable
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Prezi, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Social Media web platforms.
- Familiarity with relational database and donor management software a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience required
Qualified applicants should submit resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org