IndieWire: Video Producer / Editor
IndieWire is hiring a Video Producer / Editor who will be a key member of our growing video production team to assist in developing and creating our content. This role will need to be able to quickly edit, create custom graphics, and package content into dynamic short-form pieces. The ideal candidate should have a track record of producing original content and have a fluency in both emerging and long-standing social/video platforms. This role reports to IndieWire’s Creative Producer and is based in Los Angeles.
- Production of original video content from concept to delivery
- Editing, editing, and more editing
- Create motion graphics when needed for various editorial series
- Brainstorm new editorial and sponsored ideas with brand stakeholders
- Maintain digital video library across all platforms – O&O, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Organize and archive deliverables
- Serve as the overall producer for assigned video projects. This includes coordinating, scheduling, shooting, directing, and editing of assigned video series and projects
- Record and edit weekly podcasts, video and audio
- 3-5 years of experience producing and editing premium digital video
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, most Importantly Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Hands-on experience in shooting with DSLR and Canon C-Series cameras
- Strong interest and knowledge of entertainment industry, particularly film and television
- Fluency in core video social platforms and their video integration
- Ability to self-start and work independently
- Able to manage expectations for timely completion and delivery of projects
- Detail oriented with a keen eye for quality
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in and ability to script video essays a plus
IndieWire is the leading digital brand devoted to curating, reporting, and celebrating the best in film, TV, and entertainment. Branded the “online heartbeat of the world’s independent film community” by Forbes and dubbed “best indie crossroads” by film critic Roger Ebert, IndieWire is a two-time winner of the Webby Award for best entertainment website. IndieWire launched in July 1996 and in January 2016 joined Penske Media Corporation’s portfolio of leading global media brands.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.