At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. The Compositing Artist works under the Compositing Lead and the CG Supervisor. The Compositing Artist is responsible for compositing and troubleshooting shots. The Compositing Artist interprets the color keys and creates a representation that reflects the original intent of the designer and director while respecting the technical requirements of the project, delivering in a timely manner according to the production schedule.
What you will be doing:
- Composite shots in the Foundry Nuke
- Set up comp templates and Nuke gizmos
- Ensure continuity across the shots in a sequence
- Working with the supervisors and the leads to achieve the correct visual
- Being able to project matte painting on cards or geometry in Nuke
- Work with the Matte Painting Supervisor and understand what’s being output by the DMP department and how to use it
- Troubleshoot Nuke files for technically related issues
- Communicate problems and show stoppers to the lead or supervisor to get them resolved in a timely fashion
- Execute the reviews requested by the Supervisor and the Director by showing an analytic and proactive mind
- Quality Check your final outputs
- Maintain timing and production quotas given by the production coordinator by looking at a Shotgun Dashboard
- Organize work and prepare dailies for presentation
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication, and exhibits a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members.
- Capable of basic python scripting to make simple tasks more automatic
- Mentor and offer support to less experienced artists. Providing them with guidance and instruction
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 2 years of working experience as a Compositing Artist, in a film production environment / animation TV series or visual effects
- Great Knowledge of Foundry Nuke
- Keen eye to detail and knowledge of how the light works in the real world
- Photography skills are required
- Python Scripting knowledge is a plus
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
- All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC.