CENTRA Technology, Inc. (CENTRA) is an employee-owned company providing analytic, consulting, and staffing support to U.S. Government national security agencies, including the Departments of Homeland Security and Defense, and similar Government clients.
CENTRA Technology is looking for candidates for Video Shooting/Editing Specialist – Strategic Communications Office
U.S. Citizenship and an existing Top Secret/SCI with Poly CLEARANCE are absolutely required.
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Radio Television and Film (RTVF) or Broadcast Journalism. or, alternatively, four (4) years of broadcast journalism or RTVF experience, including expertise in multi-media platforms. Experience may consist of any combination of post-secondary education relevant to the tasks above including accredited college, accredited technical training or certification, military broadcast journalism or videography experience.
- Six (6) years of cumulative work experience related to the technical requirement against which the individual is slated to perform. Work experience may be concurrent with the pursuit of a degree, or two (2) years of additional experience beyond the alternative four year work experience qualification if no post-secondary education is claimed.
- Extensive experience with acquiring, editing and producing commercial broadcast quality video and audio informational material for use on multiple platforms including web and traditional media using industry standard digital editing and graphic design software with emphasis in MacPro equipment and Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium software.
- Extensive experience with planning and managing small-scale to large-scale video projects.
- Advanced skills in the operation of a variety of video cameras, video editing systems, audio, lighting, and studio equipment.
- Extensive experience in applying the principles of video framing, composition, visualization, storytelling audio and non-linear editing, and export of final products for distribution.
- Extensive experience with the preparation of sets, to include the positioning of lights, cameras, sound equipment, property and personnel, including ensuring that special audio and video effects are used effectively.
- Extensive experience in writing for radio and television news and documentary scripts, narrations, and public service announcements.
- Extensive experience narrating public events and voicing over video products.
- Extensive experience with the importation of video and audio files into non linear editing systems, using sound to convey the meaning and emotion of stories, and using narration to enhance visual elements of a story.
- Extensive experience with editing final video products shot in sequence and/or out-of-sequence to ensure continuity and effectiveness of action and dialogue or narrative, using industry standard digital editing and graphic design software.
- Extensive experience using the Associated Press Stylebook.
- Expert knowledge of grammar and punctuation.
- Advanced skills maintaining effective working relationships with senior government or corporate leaders in a high profile and demanding office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to communicate complex information and ideas to general audiences.
- Extensive experience managing competing priorities, including writing and reporting under strict deadlines while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of the IC mission, objectives, requirements, and organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with intra-agency and inter-agency partners.